Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thinking outside of the box!

Before I show the project, please let me say a quick thank you for stopping by Gel-a-tins today!  I hope you have been enjoying the latest DT projects!
Today, I decided to go away from my comfort zone...far away! I usually make cards, but today I took a stab at making a jewelry piece.  I kept coming across some bamboo beads on clearance at a local craft store. A few days ago I finally decided to buy them. Unsure of what I was going to do, I had them sitting on my counter for a few days.

I started to play around with the Cheveron-tastic stamp set and the idea finally clicked.  I was going to attempt stamping on the beads.

Here is the final outcome: (after going  through several trial-runs)

The first step I completed was to lightly sandpaper the front of the bead. Once the polish was off, I stamped the image using permanent stamping ink.  The first image was stamped in the middle and the remaining stamps went from there. 

To finish of the piece I added a few beads to each side of the pendant.  Viola! Finished!


Gel-a-tins Stamps:
Cheveron-tastic

Other Supplies:
Starzon Ink Pad - Black
Bamboo Bead Pendant
Misc. Beads
Jewerly Rope

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you find time to create with Gel-a-tins today! If you do, please share your projects with us!

Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment