Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SSS Use What You Have Wednesdays #9

It's another SWEET Wednesday! Today starts a new Sweet Stamp Shop's Use What You Have Challenge! Make sure to stop by the Sweet Stamp Shop's blog to see more details!


Here are the supplies from my stash and the adorable Sweet Stamp Shop's Nesting stamp set!


Here is the card I created with the above products!


Every time I see the Nesting stamp set, it always shouts PAPER-PIECE ME!!! So that is exactly what I did! To finish the doll, I added a simple brad to add dimension to it. My first thought was to have the doll be in the center of the card. But then I decided to cut out the circle and place a more solid patterned to make the doll POP! The sentiment is part of the sentiment stamp included in the Nesting stamp set. I ended up taping off some of the stamp as I inked it. Once I removed the tape, it would only stamp the inked areas.

I hope you will hop on over to the Sweet Stamp Shop's blog and join our challenge! Just grab something from your stash and create! How simply is that?? Click HERE for more details about the Sweet Stamp Shop's Challenge

Have you joined us on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter! We would love to have you!


Playing along with:
Color Throwdown - Color Combo

Supplies:
Sweet Stamp Shop - Nesting stamp set
Paper Studios File Cabinet Tabs
Trendy Twine - Posy
Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss

3 comments:

  1. OH. SO. CUTE! I wish I'd thought to use that paper... it's perfect! Thanks for joining us for The Color Throwdown 5th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, this nesting doll is so totally adorable! I agree, they are begging to be paper-pieced! You did it perfectly, and I love the paterned paper card base, too! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete