Friday, August 21, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches/AEIHeartUChallenge

I recently found a new challenge blog, Freshly Made Sketches. Their current sketch is the 200th, so they are having a huge celebration! When I saw the sketch, I just had to play along!

The 200th Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


My take on the sketch (I flipped the sketch upside down):

 
  I have been inspired by some many talented designers using the 'ink smooshing' technique. I figure it was time for me to give it a try! To create the night sky, I used a variety of blues, grays, and purples watercolors. Once the paint dried, I embossed stars with white embossing powder. The shooting star is created with yellow embossing powder.  The sentiment is stamped in white ink on a vellum pendant. The deer is stamped and colored with distress inks.
 
I am also playing along with the AEIHeartUChallenge - Embossing.
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 
Supplies:
Vellum
Watercolors
White and Yellow Embossing Powders
 
Challenges played:
 

7 comments:

  1. Pretty!! I love the background!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swet little deer! Your starry night sky is fabulous! Thank you for helping us celebrate 200 at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun use of the sketch and of embossing! Thanks for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Your card caught my eye over in the Freshly Made Sketches Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! WOW - what a beautiful, starry sky!! Love it!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
    Taunya Butler
    http://daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is really great and I love that deer! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great scene! Love the texture you used here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful technique and amazing card! You aced it! Thanks for helping us celebrate this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete