Monday, October 5, 2015

Guest Designer Tog Dog Dies - Sugar Skull Die Set

Hello everyone! I am back again for another guest designer project for Top Dog Dies. If you happened to miss their latest release, please stop by their store to see the fabulous designs.
 
I created a banner using the new Sugar Skull Die set.  
 

To create the banner, I alternated the skulls(layered on black cardstock) and the solid orange backing mat. I used alpha stickers to spell out SPOOKY for the banner.

 I really like the pierced edging around the skull head. It adds a fun detail to the banner! Holes are punched on the top of the individual skulls and strung onto a black piece of twine.
 
 I also decided to make an actual sugar skull with the die. I took a black Sharpie pen and hand-drew the design onto the skull. I used Chameleon Markers to color in the design. I used a variety of colored cardstock to create the eyes, nose and mouth of the sugar skull.  I used the back matting die to cut the shape of the skull out of the black cardstock and placed a lime green cardstock underneath the black cardstock. The sugar skull is added using a foam dot.
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by! And thank you Top Dog Dies for the opportunity to guest design for your awesome company! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment