Monday, October 5, 2015

Guest Designer Top Dog Dies - Haunted Houses

Hello everyone, this is Jessi from Kissin' Krafts. I am super excited to be a guest designer for Top Dog Dies. If you happened to miss their latest release, please stop by their store to see the fabulous designs.

Today I am working with the new Haunted House Die Set. I decided to create a mini shadow box display using all the dies from the set.

 
To start the project, I used a variety of cardstocks and created all the die-cuts. I made sure to have several of each design, to give myself plenty of things to work with. I measured the backing of the box and cut out the patterned paper to fit.
 
 
I created one layer at a time, starting with the back layer. The individual pieces are moved around until I am happy with their location. Once I am happy with the entire layer, I start gluing the pieces.
 
 
To create dimension within the shadow box, I used foam dots to pop the next layer out.
 
 
The last layer is the haunted house.  A few additional dots are added to the back of the house to make it pop out further in the shadow box.


Once the house is placed, the scene is complete. Simply add some adhesive to the back of the scene and place inside the shadow box.
 
Thank you for stopping by! And thank you Top Dog Dies for the opportunity to guest design for your awesome company! 

No comments:

Post a Comment