Friday, February 5, 2016

Hugs & Kisses Gift Tag

Hello, DCWV friends! It is Jessi from the DCWV Social Media Design Team! Can you believe that it is already February?!? Where did January go? With that being said, Valentine's Day is right around the corner!
 
I am one who waits to the end of a deadline to get things done. It is a bad quality I have, but I do think sometimes it is some of my best work. With that being said, I also wait to the last minute to buy gifts and things. Which means last-minute wrapping happens as well!


I found some beautiful gold/red/kraft chipboard tags that would be perfect for those Valentine's gifts. They just needed some extra bling before they are ready to be added to the gift! So I dug out some gold foil cardstock from my scraps and got to work!

 
Back in December, when I was working on my Daily December albums using the DCWV DIY Project Holiday Favor Boxes stack, I saved all my scraps, especially the gold cardstock! I knew that the gold would come in handy when I needed to add some bling to a project. I took the scrap and ran it through the die machine to create the word embellishment to add to the tag.
 

 

I wanted to extended the sentiment, so I stamped and embossed the rest onto DCWV black cardstock. The card was cut into a strip, embossed and attached to the tag. I cut the end to hang over the edge of the tag. The word 'hugs' is glued overlapping part of the black strip. The final touch for the tag was to add a simple mirrored heart embellishment from the DCWV Mini Adhesive Mirrors packet.

 
 
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful!
 
Jessi
 
Pink & Main - Hugs Dies and Hugs Needed stamp set
 
Playing along with:
Simon Says Stamp - Have a Heart Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, those die cuts look amazing in old! Fantastic tag!
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete