Monday, April 25, 2016

DCWV Vase

Hello, DCWV friends! It's Jessi from the Social Media Design Team. Can you believe that May is next week? EEKK...where did April go?!? They always say May brings flowers. With Mother's Day just a few short weeks away, I thought it would be fun to incorporate the two together.


A few weeks ago, I found a cute unfinished wooden vase at my local Michaels store. My first thought was to cover it with some pretty paper! So I decided to pair the vase up with prints from the DCWV Seaside Yacht Stack.
 
This is a very simple project to complete. Trace the vase on the back side of the paper and cut out. The paper is attached to the vase with Mod Podge. Once the vase was finished, I thought it looked a little plain, so I decided to add a tag.
 
 
The tag was included in the Seaside Yacht Stack. I added a simple stamp and a few rhinestones to the tag. The tag is attached to the vase using a string of navy twine.
 
 
For this picture, I used a fake flower. However, I think it would be wonderful to use it with fresh flowers. All you need is a thin cylinder vase and stick it inside the wooden vase. Add some water and a few fresh stem flowers.
 
Throughout this week's blog posts, the design team members will be sharing a few of their own stories and their mothers (or special women) in their lives. 
 
I have some very creative women in my family. I truly believe that I have been blessed with their creative genes. My mother loves to make quilts, knits, and sews. I have tried to use a sewing machine for different purposes, but am lacking those skills. My paternal grandmother is a artist. She has completed some amazing paintings and has created a whole line of wooden Santas. My maternal grandmother is a quilter and a cardmaker. She has been creating handmade cards for several years and that is where my love for papercrafts started! I hope that I continue to pass the creativity genes on to my daughter. She is 6 and loves to make cards along side of me. She even has her own desk setup next to mine.
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 
Jessi
 
Supplies:
ArtMinds Wooden Vase
DCWV Rhinestones
Trendy Twine Navy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment