Friday, May 27, 2016

DCWV Birds are Tweet!

Hello, DCWV friends! It's Jessi from the Social Media Design Team. It seems to be that birds are a current trend. You can find them everywhere! Along with the super fun DCWV Birds & Butterflies Stack now available at Joann Stores. The stack is full of bold and bright colors!

Here is the card I made using different prints available in the stack:

I love the colorful birds in this stack and wanted to make one the highlight of a card. I hand cut the image out and set it aside. I chose the blue print for the background, to resemble the sky. I wanted the bird to look like it was sitting on a branch, so I used a strip of orange to accomplish that look. A fun die is used to create the leaves. To add a little dimension to the card, I added a few yellow enamel dots to the card. A fun sentiment is stamped onto the orange strip.

I am playing along with this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge! Check out the current sketch, HERE!

Thank you for stopping by today!

Jessi

Supplies:
My Favorite Things - Birds of Paradise
Prickley Pear - Pine Branch Dies
The Paper Studios - Enamel Dots

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your big, colorful bird - and it's so cute with the little birds in the paper! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete