Friday, February 17, 2017

Joy Clair - Be Brave Bible Page

Hello, Joy Clair friends! This month, the design team is showing the different types/techniques that can be done with watercolors. There are several different types of supplies that can be used for watercolors. There are paints, stamping inks, and markers that can be used!

Today, I created a Bible page pairing up the Be Brave stamp set and Peerless watercolors:


Peerless watercolors are very bright and colorful. I was afraid that the color would bleed through to the other side, so I cover the page with gesso. To make sure the page dried completely, I left the page alone overnight.

When it was time to start decorating the page, I stamped the teepee image with black ink and allowed the ink to dry. I used a blue, purple, and black paints to create the night background. A dark green is used for the ground. I used a variety of other colors to color in the teepee. The phrase stamp is stamped above the teepee. I was afraid that the black ink did not pop against the blue, so I used a white gel pen and highlighted the main words. While I had the gel pen out, I added some stars to the nighttime sky.


I used a black pen and ruler to underline the verse I was focusing on. This is where I had planned to stop the page. At the last minute, I decided to randomly stamp the arrow images from the Be Brave stamp set. The images are stamped with black ink and colored in using ZIG markers. 

Are you interested in learning the latest news going on with Joy Clair? Join us on your favorite Social media sites to see our newest products and samples from the design team members.
 Youtube 

Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Jessi

Supplies:
Joy Clair - Be Brave stamp set
Peerless Watercolors
ZIG Clean Color Markers
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Gesso
White Gel Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment