Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Joy Clair's Flawless Bible Journaling

Hello, Joy Clair friends! I am super excited to be working with the new Joy Clair release! There are a total of 8 stamps being released. Four sets for the Color by Faith line and four everyday stamp sets. For the next few months, the design team will be presenting a variety of projects with the hopes of filling you with inspiration! During the month of April, the team will be using the masking technique on our projects.

Today, I am showcasing the super adorable, Color by Faith's Flawless stamp set. 


To start this project, I stamped the images I needed onto stamping mask paper. These images will cover the stamped images to make the scene look like there is some depth.


Now it is time to start the stamping. You start with the stamped image that will be at the front of the and place the image onto the Bible page. Then you cover the image before you stamp the next one. You continue to cover the images in the places you do not the stamped image to show. When you finish the stamping, remove the masking paper.


I wanted the scene to appear like it was on a tabletop. I used an oval die to trace the inside and outside of the oval to form a mirror. Lines were drawn with a pen to create the table top.


Here is the complete scene before I started to paint it. I did forget to take a picture, but I used the Wood Background stamp and stamped it on the tabletop. I used a mixture of regular watercolors as well as metallic watercolors.


When the scene was completed, I stamped the sentiment/phrases in black ink. I also highlighted the Bible verse with the same watercolor shade I used on the lipstick image next to it.

Are you interested in learning the latest news going on with Joy Clair? Join us on your favorite Social media sites to see our newest products and samples from the design team members.
 YouTube 

Thank you for stopping by today!



Supplies:
Joy Clair - Flawless and Wood Backgroud
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black Ink
Stamping Masking Paper
Watercolors



No comments:

Post a Comment