Friday, April 14, 2017

Partying with MarkerPOP

Hello, MarkerPOP friends! Are you enjoying all the watercolor tips and techniques the design team has been sharing? I am not all that comfortable with watercolors, but lately I have been stepping out of my comfort zone and using them more!

Have you ever tried to do paint splatters? I have to admit, it took me several attempts before I was happy with my splatters!

Today, I am working with Lawn Fawn's Year Seven stamp set and Prima Confections - Tropical watercolors.


I stamped the piñata image onto watercolor cardstock with Memento Black ink. Once the ink was completely dried, I painted the image using Prima Confections watercolor. The image is then cut out and set aside.


Time to work on the background of the card. I randomly stamped the candies and confetti stamps over the panel. Now it is time to do the paint splatters! First, I choose a magenta color paint and watered the color down. Using a paint brush, I soaked up the watered down paint. Over the cardstock panel, I lightly tapped the end of the paint brush, tilting the brush in the direction I wanted the splatters to go. I repeated this process with each color of paint.

Once the paint dried, it is time to piece the card together. A piece of white twine is attached to the piñata image. A foam dot is attached to the back of the piñata and attached to the background panel. The twine is wrapped around the top, to make the piñata look like it is hanging for the top. The sentiment is stamped and embossed onto black cardstock. The sentiment is then cut into strips and attached to the card!


Stop by the MarkerPOP blog to see the list of supplies used on today's card!

Thank you for stopping by today! Don't forget to stop by throughout the month for more watercolor tips!

Have a great day!

Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment