Sunday, September 17, 2017

2017 MFT Superstar Card Contest - Clean & Simple

Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! This is one of our last 'free' weekends for a while. I think the next one is right before Thanksgiving. So my husband and I decided that the family was going to stay home and do whatever we wanted. So for me, I sent most of the day at my craft desk. It has been awhile since I did that...and it felt GREAT!

A few days ago I ran across the My Favorite Things Superstar Card Contest. If you have not heard about it, please stop by and check it out! This is the third year the contest has been around and it is so inspiring to see what everyone comes up with!

There are three different categories of the contest. I decided to play along with the Clean & Simple Genius category. Below is the card that I came up with:


I used the super cute Birds of Paradise stamp set. I chose one of the birds and stamped the image onto white cardstock. The bird is colored in using ZIG Clean Color markers. The image is then cut out using the coordinating dies. When it came time for the sentiment, I wanted to find a unique way to display it. When I think of tropical locations, I always imagine the cute wooden signs that they use to point of directions and various information. So I cut a few different strips from kraft cardstock. To make the strips look like planks of wood, I used the Die-namics Grassy Edges die along each end of the plank. The blank planks were also embossed with a woodgrain folder. The sentiment is stamped onto the wider of the planks. Before attaching the wooden sign to the card, I stamped a variety of leaves from the Blissful Blooms stamp set using Field Day and Green Room MFT inks. The wooden sign and bird are attached to the card to finish it off.

**Sadly, both the MFT Birds of Paradise and Blissful Blooms stamp sets are discontinued. But please stop by the My Favorite Things store to see their latest designs!**

Thank you for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment